If you want to go far go together
Collaborative research supported by NanoCommons transnational access, Safe-by-Design data and software platform interoperability and integration workshop, 9 November 2021
NanoCommons, in a joint initiative with the NanoSafety Cluster (NSC), organised an online interactive workshop to foster collaborative research by trying to bring the nanosafety community together and to work hands-on on establishing ways to make data and software platforms, developed in different projects, talk to each other.
Part 1: Data
Going FAIR - Experiences from NanoFASE NanoCommons TA supporting harmonised data management, annotation and sharing in a large project. Additional information: demonstration case of NanoFASE data management concept
Implementing the data shepherd concept directly from the start of a project.
- Furxhi I., et al. (2021) Data shepherding in nanotechnology. The Initiation. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano11061520>
- Furxhi I., et al. (2021) Data shepherding in nanotechnology. The Exposure Field Campaign Template. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano11071818
- Furxhi I., et al. (2021) Data shepherding in nanotechnology. The Antibacterial capturing Template. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings11121486.
Biomax Data Services successful TAs Overview of the data from different TA applications like NanoFASE and SmartNanoTox integrated in the NanoCommons Knowledge Base. For more a training on the KB, see training offers below.
Additional information: NanoCommons Knowledge Base
Part 2: Nanoinformatics
NanoCommons TA supporting model development and hosting.
- Simeone F.C. and Costa A. Assessment of cytotoxicity of metal oxide nanoparticles on the basis of fundamental physical–chemical parameters: a robust approach to grouping. DOI https://doi.org/10.1039/C9EN00785G
Nanoinformatics Model Development and Hosting Using the Jaqpot functionalities to develop nanoinformatics models and share them publicly. Additional information: Jaqpot
Implementation of complex Safe-by-Design workflows using KNIME, Enalos and modelling tools from different platforms.
Part 3: Putting it all together
Summary of the collaborative approaches for data and software harmonisation and integration and ways how NanoCommons supports these activities and their dissemination.
- Provide content to this NanoCommons User Guidance Handbook directly or by contacting one of the authors.
- And also contact us if you have a service to be listed in the service catalogue.
Training offers Summary of past trainings available on the NanoCommons youtube channel and training schedule for winter 2021/2022.